Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Physiatry - Rehabilitation Medicine
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Fanny Allen Campus
- Level 2
- 790 College Parkway
Colchester, VT, 05446
- Phone: 802-847-0318
- Fax: 802-847-6943
- Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM
Physiatry at Fletcher Allen Health Care
Doctors who specialize in rehabilitation medicine are known as physiatrists. Physiatrists at Fletcher Allen bring together comprehensive therapy and physician services for evaluation, consultation, diagnosis, and treatment.
We are committed to providing care for people with general neurological conditions such as:
- Stroke or brain injuries
- Neuro-degenerative disorders such as multiple sclerosis, ALS or Parkinsons disease.
- Spinal cord injuries
- Balance and vestibular disorders
- As well as other conditions such as:
- Multiple trauma injuries
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Cerebral Palsy
We strive to help our patients regain their maximum level of function and independence medically, vocationally, and socially. Physicians are board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatrists).
Our physicians have extensive experience in treating a wide range of musculoskeletal and neurological problems. Some physiatrists are also board certified in the field of electrodiagnostic medicine and offer testing to help diagnose muscle and nerve problems (EMG). Physicians are University of Vermont (UVM) faculty members and are involved in research and in the education of UVM College of Medicine students. Nurses and support staff coordinate the patient care.
Depending upon what service you need, an appointment can be made in the following manner:
- Appointments may be made with a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician for evaluation, consultation, or second opinion by a referral from either your primary physician, specialty physician, or self-referral.
- An EMG can only be scheduled by referral from a physician.
- An appointment may be made for a medical psychological evaluation or treatment with or without a referral. Approval for mental health treatment is not arranged through your primary care physician, but through your insurance company. The phone number for mental health authorization can be found on your insurance card.
Financial coverage for evaluation and treatment are subject to the conditions of your particular insurance policy. Please bring any records or diagnostic studies such as X-rays, CT scans or MRI. This will assist the physician in developing a comprehensive plan of care.