Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Rheumatology and Immunology
- Rheumatology & Clinical Immunology
- Medical Center Campus
- East Pavilion, Level 5
- 111 Colchester Avenue
Burlington, VT, 05401
- Phone: 802-847-4574
- Fax: 802-847-9675
- Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM
If you suffer from arthritis or a related disorder, the Fletcher Allen Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Department provides consultations and comprehensive treatment services.
Arthritis and Joint Pain Management in Burlington, Vermont
We understand how arthritis and joint pain can severely affect your quality of life. Our board-certified rheumatologists combine advanced technology with warmth and compassion to treat your condition and get you back to doing the activities you love. Meet our doctors.
Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology: Conditions We Treat
At Fletcher Allen Rheumatology, we treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis and inflammatory joint problems
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Scleroderma and connective tissue disease
- Osteoarthritis, tendonitis and regional musculoskeletal problems
- Polymyalgia rheumatic
- Vasculitis and other systemic inflammatory conditions
Rheumatology Services: The Fletcher Allen Approach
Our staff emphasizes a comprehensive care for our patients. We have a holistic approach, treating the whole person, not just the symptoms. In addition to diagnostic and treatment services, we offer:
- Instruction in appropriate exercise or fitness programs
- Physical therapy techniques
- Psychological support
We treat older patients with osteoarthritis or musculoskeletal problems that limit activities of daily living, and patients with chronic pain and fibromyalgia.
Consultation services for patients with diagnostic problems or abnormal immunology laboratory studies are also provided.
The Rheumatology staff emphasizes comprehensive care for the arthritis patient. This includes instruction in appropriate exercises/ fitness programs, physical therapy techniques and psychological support.
Facilities include an on-site intravenous Immunotherapy Center for the administration of antiTNF agents and other newly released intravenous therapies. Clinical studies to evaluate the efficacy of biologic agents in development are available.
Fletcher Allen Rheumatology: Services We Provide
Many of our patients are older, suffering from conditions such as osteoarthritis or musculoskeletal problems that limit their daily activities. We also treat patients with chronic pain and fibromyalgia.
- Consultation services for patients with diagnostic problems or abnormal immunology laboratory studies
- On-site intravenous Immunotherapy Center for the administration of intravenous therapies
- Clinical studies to evaluate the efficacy of biologic agents (medication) currently in development
- Osteoporosis Center, providing up-to-date analysis of bone loss. We are equipped with two DXA bone densitometers so we can precisely determine your bone density and your risk of sustaining a fracture.
Call us at 802-847-4574 to make an appointment or for more information or find a Fletcher Allen rheumatologist.
Find out how to refer a patient to one of our specialists. To reach our providers directly, call Provider Access Service at (800) 639-2480.