Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
High Field Open MRI
Fletcher Allen has a Philips High Field Open MRI - it is the strongest MRI available in an open model.
- The most powerful open MRI available
- Features higher quality images and faster scan times than other open MRIs
It’s Wide Open
- Unlike traditional MRIs, you see your surroundings
- Scenic lighting effects projected on the wall provide a relaxing touch
- Claustrophobic patients will feel more at ease
- There’s three times more space than a traditional MRI
- No matter your size or your age, you’ll be comfortable
Parents Can Stay Close to Their Kids
- You can accompany your child
- Your child will be able to see you throughout the scan
What “High Field” Means for You
"High field" is a term used to describe the comparative strength of the magnet. High field magnets are greater than 1.0 tesla, where low field magnets range in strength from .2 to .3 tesla. High field magnets are known for high resolution images and faster scan times. This means better images for your doctor, and less time in the scanner for you.
Comfortable for Every Body
The High Field Open MRI provides three times more patient space than a traditional closed MRI, and thus can better accommodate patients who are claustrophobic, large or pregnant.
Pediatric patients benefit as well. Parents can accompany their child and can be visible to the child throughout the scan. Additionally, the open MRI greatly reduces the need for anesthesia.
The High Field Open MRI is particularly useful for orthopedic, neurological and pediatric cases.