Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Pharmacy Services: Outpatient & Inpatient
Fletcher Allen's Pharmacy Services fulfill a number of critical roles that serve patients, the community and future health professionals.
- Offers three retail pharmacy locations allowing patients to fill a prescription at the time of a doctor's visit, and serve the community for walk-in service.
- Offers home infusion pharmacy services to the communities we serve throughout Vermont and northern New York.
- Provides Fletcher Allen's hospital patients with the medication they need while receiving treatment.
- Trains and mentors the next generation of pharmacy professionals, offering specialty learning through general practice and critical care residency programs.
To improve the health of the communities served by Fletcher Allen Health Care by providing high quality, safe, appropriate, and cost- effective medication therapy. We will provide medication related education to patients, other health care professionals, support personnel, and the community, and collaborate in research initiatives.
- To continually enhance the clinical pharmacy role, through patient focused care and collaboration with other providers to optimize drug therapy.
- To be recognized at all organizational levels as essential members of the health care team.
- To utilize state-of-the-art technology to provide a seamless drug distribution system and medication use process.
- To foster a culture that values teamwork, rewards exceptional performance and innovation, respects diverse departmental roles, and supports balanced attention to professional and personal needs.
- To promote the role for pharmacists as educators of patients, other health care professionals, the community, as well as members of our own profession.
- To promote and develop an essential role in medication research activities.
- To provide leadership to enhance pharmacy practice on a local and national level.