Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Blood Testing Lab Locations and Hours
|Click on the map for directions to all our laboratory locations.|
Patients are seen in the order in which they arrive; patients who need immediate testing, timed tests, or patients with special needs may be seen first. The majority of blood tests do not require an appointment. Your doctor should tell you if you have an appointment with the lab or need to make one.
If you would like to review a list of lab tests that require an appointment or need to be collected at a particular lab location click here.
When you arrive at one of Fletcher Allen's lab locations, please stop in at the patient registration area before proceeding to the laboratory. Fletcher Allen offers three convenient lab locations for walk-in appointments with free parking.
Off-Hours Blood Drawing
Routine blood drawing is available during the hours listed above. If your doctor has instructed you to get your blood drawn urgently, or if the testing required is a timed draw not within routine lab hours, please visit Fletcher Allen’s Ambulatory Care Center in Burlington. Please stop by Registration, Main Pavilion, Level 3 (street level) before proceeding to the laboratory, and a phlebotomist will be paged.
Blood Test and Fasting
How long do I have to fast for before a blood test?
- If a fasting blood test is ordered, you should not have anything to eat or drink (except water) for at least eight hours. This usually involves an overnight fast.
- You should continue to take any prescription medications, unless your physician directed you not to take them.
- Smoking and exercise may affect your results as well, so you should refrain from these activities as much as possible during this time.
If you have any concerns about refraining from food for this period of time, talk to your physician.
Common Blood Tests
Fletcher Allen Laboratory services offer hundreds of types of diagnostic lab tests. Some of the common blood tests offered include:
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Red blood cell count (RBC)
- White blood cell count (WBC)
- Blood lead testing
- Lipid profile (LDL, HDL and total cholesterol) testing
- A1c test
- Lactose intolerance test
- Thyroid (T3, T4, and TSH) testing
Lab Testing Results
For your security, the Fletcher Allen Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine does not currently release test results to patients. You must contact your physician for laboratory test results. If you have questions about lab testing, please contact Fletcher Allen Laboratory Customer Service by e-mail, or by phone at (802) 847-5121 or (800) 991-2799.
|Scheduled Tests||Download PDF|
Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view PDF documents