Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Infectious Disease Clinic Services
The Infectious Disease Clinic provides patient care at Fletcher Allen’s Medical Center Campus, the teaching hospital of the University of Vermont College of Medicine, at the University Health Center Campus and at three other HIV/AIDS specialty clinics in Vermont, the Comprehensive Care Clinics.
About the Infectious Disease Clinic and International Travel Medicine
The Infectious Disease Clinic performs about 1,500 inpatient consultations yearly from all hospital departments and specialties for a wide diversity of clinical illnesses. The outpatient clinic is active daily, providing care for persons with HIV/AIDS and general infectious diseases, assisting with home intravenous antibiotic therapy and counseling and prevention for international travelers.
Clinic services provided include:
- Follow up for inpatient consultations to all hospital departments and specialty services.
- Inpatient care for persons living with HIV/AIDS requiring medical admission.
- Outpatient primary and specialty care for persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Outpatient infectious diseases consultation.
- Counseling, preventive medicine and post-travel assessment for the international traveler.
- Anonymous and confidential HIV/AIDS testing.
- Counseling and follow-up for sexual assault victims being treated to prevent HIV transmission.
About the HIV/AIDS Comprehensive Care Clinics
The Comprehensive Care Clinics comprise a four-clinic program dedicated to providing state-of-the-art treatment for all stages of HIV/AIDS as well as primary and specialty care to persons living with HIV/AIDS throughout Vermont. All services are confidential and the first visit is free. Services include: free HIV testing, prevention counseling, confidential services and state-of-the-art medical care.
Vermont HIV/ AIDS Comprehensive Care Clinics are located at:
- Fletcher Allen's Medical Center Campus, Burlington (802) 847-4594 (map)
- Rutland Regional Medical Center, Rutland (802) 747-1831
- Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, Brattleboro (802) 257-8860
- Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital, St. Johnsbury (802) 748-8141
To make a confidential appointment with Fletcher Allen’s HIV/ AIDS Comprehensive Care Clinic call toll-free: 1-800-358-1144 ext. 4594.