Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Spine Institute of New England
- Orthopedic Specialty Center
- Spine Institute of New England (SpiNE)
- 192 Tilley Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403
- Phone: 802-847-2663
- Fax: 802-847-3792
- Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM
The Spine Institute of New England established in 1989, is a center for evaluation, consultation, diagnosis and treatment of adolescents and adults with spinal disorders. With its commitment to healing, education and research, the Spine Institute is a unique resource for people with spinal disorders in New England and Northern New York.
Common Back and Neck Conditions
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Herniated Nucleus Pulposus
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Tumors
Common Back and Neck Treatments
- Alignment Correction
- Cervical and Lumbar Disc Replacement
- Cervicoartrosis Repair
- Microscopically Assisted Discectomy
- Tumor Resection and Stabilization
Our Back and Neck care providers specialize in the treatment of patients with spinal disorders. The physicians, University of Vermont Medical Group providers, include specialists in spine surgery, internal medicine, and occupational health and physiatry. They are board-certified in their specialty.
The physicians are University of Vermont (UVM) faculty members and are involved in research, and in the education of UVM College of Medicine students and orthopedic residents. Our nurses and support staff provide expert coordination of patient care.
- To schedule an appointment, please call (802) 847-6000.
- For questions and other inquiries, please call Fletcher Allen Orthopedics at (802) 847-2663.
- An appointment with a physician for evaluation, consultation, or second opinion may be arranged by referral only. Please bring records of previous treatment and any pertinent diagnostic studies (x-rays, CT scans, MRI)
- An appointment for psychological evaluation or treatment can be made with or without a referral. Approval for mental health treatment is not arranged through your primary care physician, but through your insurance company. The phone number for mental health authorization can be found on your insurance card.
- Physical and occupational therapy appointments are generally made after evaluation by a physician.
- Please note that financial coverage for evaluation and treatment are subject to the conditions of your particular insurance policy.