Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Spine Institute of New England
- Orthopedic Specialty Center
- Spine Institute of New England (SpiNE)
- 192 Tilley Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403
- Phone: 802-847-2663
- Fax: 802-847-3792
- Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM
Spine Institute at Fletcher Allen
At Fletcher Allen, our team of expert physicians provides a comprehensive approach to spine disorders, back and neck care. The University of Vermont Medical Group providers include specialists in spine surgery, internal medicine, physiatry, rehabilitation doctors and occupational health.
Your care will be led by a team of highly skilled surgeons, doctors, and physician’s assistants that can fully accommodate your unique health care needs.
Experienced, Trusted Care
Most of our doctors not only treat patients, they also train new generations of caring physicians as professors at the University of Vermont College of Medicine and are involved in extensive research to provide the latest technological advances in spinal disorder treatments, including a minimally invasive approach to spinal fusion surgery know as lateral interbody fusion. This treatment – also known as DLIF® (Direct Lateral Interbody Fusion), XLIF® (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion), and transpsoas interbody fusion – can lead to faster recovery time and reduced complications.
We treat over 8,000 patients annually. In 2012, we performed over 430 surgeries all performed at this location. Our nurses and support staff provide expert coordination of patient care.
Common Spinal Disorders, Back and Neck Conditions
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Herniated Nucleus Pulposus
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Tumors
Common Spinal Disorder Treatments
- Alignment Correction
- Cervical and Lumbar Disc Replacement
- Cervicoartrosis Repair
- Spinal Decompression
- Spinal Fusion
- Microscopically Assisted Discectomy
- Tumor Resection and Stabilization
- Find a Fletcher Allen physician or schedule an appointment by calling 802-847-6000.
- For questions and other inquiries, please call Fletcher Allen Orthopedics at (802) 847-2663.
- An appointment with a physician for evaluation, consultation, or second opinion should be arranged by referral. Please bring records of previous treatment and any pertinent diagnostic studies (x-rays, CT scans, MRI).
- An appointment for psychological evaluation or treatment can be made with or without a referral. Approval for mental health treatment is not arranged through your primary care physician, but through your insurance company. The phone number for mental health authorization can be found on your insurance card.
- Physical and occupational therapy appointments are generally made after evaluation by a physician.
- Please note that financial coverage for evaluation and treatment are subject to the conditions of your particular insurance policy.