Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Partial Hospitalization/Seneca Center
- Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization (Seneca Center)
- UHC Campus
- St. Joseph Building, Level 6
- 1 South Prospect Street
Burlington, VT 05401
- Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM
Fletcher Allen's Partial Hospitalization service is an outpatient psychiatry program at the Seneca Center. The program is for individuals who are experiencing severe exacerbations of psychiatric conditions that warrant intensive treatment and case management, but do not necessitate inpatient hospitalization.
Individuals may be referred by their community providers in an attempt to divert hospitalization or by the hospital as "step down" of care into the community.
Participants receive 5-6 hours of treatment per day, including:
- CBT- and DBT-based group psychotherapy and skills training
- Individual case management
The goals of treatment include crisis stabilization and an introduction to coping skills designed to improve functioning. The average length of stay is 2-3 weeks, with most patients transferring to the Intensive Outpatient Program, another Seneca Center program, before returning to their community provider.
- Anxiety/Panic Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Adjustment Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Self-harming Behaviors
- A full psycho-social and medical evaluation and formulating initial treatment goals
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Pharmacological Management
- Mindfulness Practice
- Anger Management and Emotion Regulation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness and Assertiveness Skills
- Distress Tolerance Skills
- Relapse Prevention
- Care management and ongoing collaboration with outside providers
St. Joseph, Level 6, UHC Campus, 1 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT