Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Medical Center Campus
- East Pavilion, Level 5
- 111 Colchester Avenue
Burlington, VT, 05401
- Phone: 802-847-1158
- Fax: 802-847-2444
- Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM
At Fletcher Allen, our Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine service cares for patients with chronic and acute respiratory problems. We see patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings, depending on your needs.
Pulmonary Disease: Expert Care in Burlington, Vermont
Fletcher Allen is the teaching hospital for the University of Vermont College of Medicine. This means your doctor is also involved in teaching and medical research. You can feel confident knowing your doctor has the most up-to-date information and is providing you with the latest treatment options.
Our pulmonary disease team includes:
- 17 attending physicians
- Physician assistant
- Six fellows
Meet our team.
Pulmonary Disease Treatment: Services We Provide
At Fletcher Allen, we manage even the most complex pulmonary and critical care cases. We provide the care you need, whether it's a consultation, diagnostic services or long-term treatment. Using the most advanced technology available, our specialists work together to diagnose and treat you, and we do so with the warmth and compassion you deserve.
Services we provide include:
- Management of critically ill patients in the Medical Intensive Care Unit and critical care consults in other areas of the medical center
- Inpatient pulmonary disease consultative services
- Outpatient pulmonary disease consults and care at the Gartman Center for Medicine (located in the East Pavilion, Level 5 at Fletcher Allen's Medical Center Campus in Burlington)
- Evaluation and treatment of sleep-disordered breathing
- A program of outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation
We have specialists in many different areas of pulmonary medicine, including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung transplant
- Adult cystic fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Lung Cancer
Pulmonary Disease: Diagnostic Services
At Fletcher Allen and the Gartman Center for Medicine, we use sophisticated diagnostic equipment to diagnose your condition, quickly and accurately. Our diagnostic services include:
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Navigational Bronchoscopy
- Interventional pulmonology
- Complete pulmonary function testing
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Methacholine and exercise challenge testing
- Oxygen titration
Contact the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Department at (802) 847-1158. We are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Find instructions on how to refer a patient to one of our specialists. We are dedicated to working with you throughout your patient's care. To reach our providers directly, call Provider Access Service at 800-639-2480.