Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Medical Center Campus
- East Pavilion, Level 5
- 111 Colchester Avenue
Burlington, VT, 05401
- Phone: 802-847-1158
- Fax: 802-847-2444
- Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM
The Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine service is staffed by 14 University of Vermont Medical Group attending physicians, a physician assistant, six fellows, and a nurse practitioner.
We care for patients with chronic and acute respiratory problems, in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Common Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine Conditions
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (COPD)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Lung Cancer
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Management of critically ill patients in the Medical Intensive Care Unit, and critical care consults in other areas of the medical center
- Inpatient pulmonary disease consultative services
- Outpatient pulmonary disease consults and care at the Gartman Center for Medicine, located in the East Pavilion, Level 5 at Fletcher Allen's Medical Center Campus in Burlington
- Special areas of interest include: Asthma, COPD, Interstitial Lung Disease, Sarcoidosis, Transplant and Adult Cystic Fibrosis
- Pulmonary diagnostic services including bronchoscopy, EBUS, complete pulmonary function testing, cardiopulmonary exercise testing, methacholine challenge testing, and oxygen titration are also provided at the Gartman Center for Medicine
- Evaluation of sleep-disordered breathing
- A program of outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation
Fletcher Allen is the teaching hospital for the University of Vermont College of Medicine. This means that, here, your doctor not only cares for patients, but also serves on the faculty at the University of Vermont teaching and performing medical research. This provides you with the benefit of knowing your doctor has the most up-to-date information, and is providing the latest treatments.