Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Critical Care Transport
Fletcher Allen Coordinated Transport (FACT), a land-based ambulance service, servicing Vermont and upstate New York is a part of this division. It is staffed with specially-trained personnel to transport adult patients to the Medical Center Campus from community hospitals.
A FACT ambulance and medical team can be dispatched within thirty minutes from two bases - in Burlington and in Malone, New York.
West Pavilion, Level 1
Medical Center Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Burlington, VT 05401
24 Hours a Day
The Emergency Medicine physician needs the following information to provide the best care for your patient.
Questions and Issues For You to Consider When Referring Your Patients
1. Please clearly delineate your objectives in sending a patient to the Emergency Department.
2. If your patient is being referred to a specialty service, please call the specialty service to arrange physician contact.
3. If the referring MD would like a phone call back, please notify the ED when calling in the patient information and provide an accessible phone number.
1. Name of Referring MD/Provider / Phone / Fax
2. Reason for Referral and Expectations
3. Problem List
4. Medical/Surgical History
5. Medication / Allergy List
6. Phone Consultation with the ED
7. Hospital Discharge Summary and Medications (from Medical Records)
Please send the following information if pertinent to the referral.
1. Outside Consult Reports
2. Most Recent Lab Test
3. Imaging Reports
4. Hard Copy Images
Please send the following information if possible. It is not essential.
1. Most Recent office notes pertaining to the visit
2. Previous Course of Treatment
Patient Demographic Information
Name, Date of Birth, Address, Phone Number, Insurance Plan, Worker's Compensation Information, if applicable