Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Lung Cancer Treatment
Lung Cancer Treatment in Burlington, VT
Though many of the lung cancer words may sound intimidating, you should know that a great deal of progress has been made in cancer care in recent years. For many of these treatments, side effects have been greatly reduced.
Lung cancer treatment options at Fletcher Allen include:
- Thoracic surgery
- Lung cancer video-assisted surgery, which has a shorter recovery time and is less invasive
- Linear accelerator radiation therapy
- Diverse on-site and home chemotherapy options
- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation (RFA) or cryo-ablation of lung modules
- Local treatment within blocked airways and placement of stents
The Lung Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinic includes thoracic surgeons with specialty expertise in the staging and treatment of lung cancer.
As part of the Vermont Cancer Center, we offer the opportunity to participate in the latest lung cancer treatment clinical trials.
In addition, we offer our patients a variety of specialized support programs.
- Cancer Patient Support Program
- Social services consultation
- Financial services consultation
- Psychology and psychiatry support
Learn more about lung cancer diagnosis.
Find a Fletcher Allen Health Care physician or call 877-540-HOPE (4673).