Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Other Special Services
Interpreters for sign and spoken language are available for many languages and for the hearing-impaired or deaf patients. Your case manager or social worker can arrange in in-person interpreter. Video interpretation is also available in the following languages:
- American Sign Language
Arrangements can be made through Case Management and Social Work by calling (802) 847-5826 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. After 5 pm, and on weekends and holidays, please call (802) 847-0000, and request the on-call social worker for assistance.
Chittenden County Transportation Authority (CCTA) College Street shuttle serves Fletcher Allen, the Church Street Marketplace, Union Station, and the University of Vermont Waterman Building. For more information, please call (802) 864-CCTA (2282), or visit www.cctaride.org.
Transportation services for the elderly and disabled are available through Special Services Transportation Agency (SSTA), a private, non-profit organization that serves Chittenden County elderly and disabled residents. For more information, please call SSTA at (802) 878-1527.
For information about taxi service, please call Fletcher Allen's Office of Patient & Family Advocacy at (802) 847-3500.
- The Office of Patient and Family Advocacy at Fletcher Allen can help with concerns about delivery of care, (802) 847-3500. Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Chittenden County residents age 60 and over: Champlain Valley Agency on Aging, (802) 865-0360
- Outside Chittenden County: Senior Helpline, 1-800-642-5119
- Health Care Ombudsman Program: Free statewide program to help Vermonters resolve problems and complaints with health insurance. Please call (802) 863-2316 or toll-free at 1-800-917-7787
Palliative Care & End of Life
Information on advance directives, advance care planning, and other decisions involving medical care choice near end of life, as well as expert pain and symptom control.
- Fletcher Allen Palliative Care, (802) 847-5156
- Fletcher Allen Clinical Ethics Consultation Service, (802) 847-2000
- Fletcher Allen Case Management and Social Work, (802) 847-3553
- Vermont Ethics Network, (802) 828-2902
Information on equipment to assist with mobility can be obtained by calling the Agency of Aging & Disabilities, (802) 241-2400.