Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Decision Points About Treatments and Other Health Issues
Decision Points are designed to guide you through key health decisions, combining medical information with your personal information to make a wise health decision. Click on a link below to learn more about treatment options or other decisions about your condition or issue:
- Acne: Should I See My Doctor?
- Alzheimer's or Other Dementia: Should I Move My Relative Into Long-Term Care?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Should I Try Electrical Cardioversion?
- Autopsy: Should I Have an Autopsy Done on My Loved One?
- Bed-Wetting: Should I Do Something About My Child's Bed-Wetting?
- Bed-Wetting: Should My Child See a Doctor?
- Blood Transfusions: Should I Bank Blood Before Surgery?
- Breast Cancer: Should I Have Chemotherapy for Early-Stage Breast Cancer?
- Breast Cancer: What Should I Do If I'm at High Risk?
- Breast-Feeding: Should I Breast-Feed My Baby?
- Complementary Medicine: Should I Use Complementary Medicine?
- Diabetes: Should I Get an Insulin Pump?
- Diabetes: Should I Get Pregnant?
- End-of-Life Care: Should I Have Artificial Hydration and Nutrition?
- End-of-Life Care: Should I Receive CPR and Life Support?
- End-of-Life Care: Should I Stop Kidney Dialysis?
- End-of-Life Care: Should I Stop Treatment That Prolongs My Life?
- Fertility Problems: Should I Have a Tubal Procedure or In Vitro Fertilization?
- Healthy Aging: Is It Time to Stop Driving?
- Hearing Loss: Should I Get a Hearing Aid?
- Heart Failure: Should I Get an Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD)?
- Heart Failure: Should I Get a Pacemaker (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)?
- Heart Problems: Should I Have Catheter Ablation?
- Heart Rhythm Problems: Should I Get an ICD?
- Heart Rate Problems: Should I Get a Pacemaker?
- Hemorrhoids: Which Treatment Should I Use?
- Hyperthyroidism: Should I Use Antithyroid Medicine or Radioactive Iodine?
- Infertility: Should I Have Treatment?
- Kidney Failure: What Type of Dialysis Should I Have?
- Kidney Failure: When Should I Start Dialysis?
- Kidney Stones: Should I Have Lithotripsy to Break Up the Stone?
- Low Back Pain: Should I Have Spinal Manipulation?
- Low Back Pain: Should I Try Epidural Steroid Shots?
- Miscarriage: Should I Have Treatment to Complete a Miscarriage?
- Multiple Pregnancy: Should I Consider a Multifetal Pregnancy Reduction?
- Obesity: Should I Use a Diet Plan to Lose Weight?
- Pregnancy: Should I Bank My Baby's Umbilical Cord Blood?
- Pregnancy: Should I Try Vaginal Childbirth After a Past C-Section (VBAC)?
- Stress Incontinence: Should I Have Surgery?
- Stroke: Should I Move My Loved One Into Long-Term Care?
- Testicular Cancer: Which Treatment Should I Have for Stage I Nonseminoma Testicular Cancer After My Surgery?
- Testicular Cancer: Which Treatment Should I Have for Stage I Seminoma Testicular Cancer After My Surgery?
- Uterine Fibroids: Should I Have Uterine Fibroid Embolization?
- Warts: Should I Treat Warts?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Brian D. O'Brien, MD - Internal Medicine|
|Last Revised||November 2, 2012|
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.