Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Sue Barton, PhD, PsyD - Psychology, Behavioral Health
Dr. Sue Barton reviews behavioral health content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Barton is a Clinical Professor of Family and Community Medicine-Emerita at the University of California, Davis, School of Medicine in Sacramento, California.
Education and Training
MS: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 1973
PhD: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 1975
Pre-Doctoral Psychology Intern: University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, 1989–1990
PsyD: California Graduate School of Family Psychology, San Rafael, CA, 1990
Post-Doctoral Psychology Fellow: Kaiser Permanente, Sacramento, CA, 1990–1991
Post-Doctoral Psychology Fellow: University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, 1991–1992
University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA:
- Clinical Professor Emeritus
- Clinical Professor of Family and Community Medicine-Emerita, Department of Family and Community Medicine, 2005–2007
- Associate Director of Behavioral Health Center, University of California Health System, 1996–2007
- Director of Behavioral Science Education, Director of Psychology Training, Department of Family and Community Medicine, 1992–2007
- Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, 1999–2005
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, 1993–1999
- Acting Director of Behavior Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine, 1992–1993
- Staff Psychologist and Part-Time Faculty, Department of Community Medicine, 1990–1992
Author: Healthwise Staff
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.