Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Educational Opportunities for Fletcher Allen Nurses
Fletcher Allen offers its nursing employees a variety of avenues for continuing their education.
- Nursing Grand Rounds, twice monthly, offering CE credits -- covering nursing specific clinical and professional topics of special interest to nurses
- Critical care internship program
- Perioperative nursing course
- Graduate nurse internship
- EKG Interpretation Workshop
- Core content programs in nursing specialty areas
- Preceptor workshop - a two-day workshop offering education for nurses who would like to mentor new nurses on the job
- Student nurse extern program
University of Vermont Affiliation
Fletcher Allen is affiliated with The University of Vermont and UVM's College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Our nurses have full access to the Dana Medical Library at the UVM's College of Medicine, which includes hundreds of electronic nursing journals, dedicated reference librarians and a variety of on-line continuing education courses for nurses.
UVM's Continuing Education offers several intensive programs available for specialized nursing audiencesfor further details about these programs.
For continuing education and professional conferences, Fletcher Allen supports our nurses through tuition reimbursement packages and scholarships.
Vermont Education Links
Vermont nursing school locations:
Vermont General Health Care Links
Vermont health care-related organizations: