Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Health Assistance Program
The Health Assistance Program (HAP) at Fletcher Allen offers patient assistance, financial assistance, advocacy support, and other services.
Do you qualify? Call HAP at 802-847-6984 to get started.
- Screen you for eligibility and financial assistance
- Help you navigate and enroll in State and Federal programs
- Connect you to hospital programs that provide health care at a reduced cost or free
- Provide you with resources to help pay for medications and/or medical supplies
- Link you to additional community resources and health information.
Call 847-6984. Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All calls are returned within one business day.
Patient Assistance Program
Your ability to pay for services should not prevent you from receiving the medically necessary care you need. Fletcher Allen has a financial patient assistance program in place to help you. If you qualify, your care may be available at a reduced cost or free.
- All patients residing within the Fletcher Allen service area (state of Vermont; and Clinton, St. Lawrence, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Washington and Warren counties in New York State), receiving essential, medically necessary patient care services at Fletcher Allen, are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
- In addition to meeting resource guidelines, applicant's family income must be less than 300% Federal Poverty Level guidelines.
- Uninsured Discount: The uninsured patient discount has no residency or income requirement. If the patient is uninsured (i.e. has no health care coverage benefits from commercial or government health care program), they qualify for a discount.
To apply for financial assistance or to make budget arrangements, please call Patient Financial Services: (802) 847-8000, or toll-free (800) 639-2719. You may also send E-mail to: email@example.com. Hours are: 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Fletcher Allen Health Care has trained navigators to help answer questions on Vermont Health Connect. Call us today at 802.847.6984 or find out more by visiting www.vermonthealthconnect.gov.
Other Special Services for Patients
Sign and spoken language interpreters are available for people receiving care at Fletcher Allen. For further information, call:
- Case Management and Social Work, (802) 847-5826, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Phone the hospital operator to speak with the on-call social worker at (802) 847-0000
Special Services Transportation Agency (SSTA) is a private, non-profit organization that serves Chittenden County elder and disabled residents with transportation needs. Call SSTA, (802) 878-1527.
- The Office of Patient and Family Advocacy at Fletcher Allen can help with concerns about delivery of care, (802) 847-3500. Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Chittenden County residents age 60 and over: Champlain Valley Agency on Aging, (802) 865-0360
- Outside Chittenden County: Senior Helpline, 1-800-642-5119
- Health Care Ombudsman Program: Free statewide program to help Vermonters resolve problems and complaints with their health insurance. Call (802) 863-2316 or toll-free at 1-800-917-7787
End of Life Care
Information on advance directives, advance care planning, and other decisions involving medical care choice near end of life, as well as expert pain and symptom control.
- Palliative Care, (802) 847-5156
- Fletcher Allen Clinical Ethics Consultation Service, (802) 847-2000
- Fletcher Allen, Case Management and Social Work, (802) 847-3553
- Vermont Ethics Network, (802) 828-2902
- E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on equipment to assist with mobility can be obtained by calling the Agency of Aging & Disabilities, (802) 241-2400.