Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center
Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center at Fletcher Allen
The Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center is a community resource center providing answers to your health-related questions.
Through our extensive research library and community partnerships we are able to offer free, personalized assistance to help you find information about medical conditions, healthier lifestyle habits, and make informed healthcare decisions.
Located on Level 3 of the Main Pavilion at Fletcher Allen’s Main Campus in Burlington, VT, the center is staffed with a full-time Medical Librarian and Health Educator for your convenience. You can read, browse, and search health-related topics while you are here. Some of our services can even be accessed by phone and email.
Our services are free and open to the community and include the following:
- One-on-one instruction on how to use the internet to find health information
- Consumer health lending library
- Access to UVM Dana Medical Library resources including electronic medical journals and reference books
- The use of nine public computers
- Copying and faxing of health related materials
- Information about local support groups and area health and human service agencies
- Nutrition service debit cards are available for purchase in increments of $10 and $25, which can be used at any of the Fletcher Allen dining service locations.
- Vermont Advance Directives booklets are available.
- Child safety and child-proofing supplies are available for purchase.
Recommended Websites & Resources
- Use MedlinePlus to search health topics for find information on drugs and supplements.
- View our list of recommended health information websites.
- View our Multi-Lingual Health Information resources.
- View all available health resources in the consumer library, including books, videos, models and more. Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is need to view PDF documents
- Visit Healthwise, our Health Library, for health related topics.
- Find health support groups in your area – it’s a great way to learn more about medical issues and connect with local community members.
- Send a health information request and our resource center librarian or health educator will respond within one business week.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 802- 847-8821
- Visit: Level 3 of the Main Pavilion at Fletcher Allen’s Main Campus, Burlington, VT
- Hours: Mon-Thurs, 9am-5:30pm, Fri, 9am – 5pm.
About the Frymoyer Center
As a patient, Nan Frymoyer realized the power and value of education to healing and recovery. Her vision and mission was to make this kind of information easily available to everyone in need and most particularly to patients and their families. As a result of the collaborative efforts of many people, the Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center was created to fulfill her vision.
Please read our blog article, "Remembering Nan Frymoyer, A Tireless Advocate for Patient Education" for more information about her generous gift.
Kristine Buck, B.S. - Kristine majored in Community Health at the State University of New York at Potsdam. She is the Frymoyer Center's Health Educator.
Alan Lampson, M.L.S. - Alan has a Masters of Library Science degree from the State University of New York, University Center at Albany and he is the Lead of the Frymoyer Resource Center.
Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view PDF documents