Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Fletcher Allen Debuts Redesigned Web Site
F O R R E L E A S E: Immediate (July 9, 2009)
C O N T A C T:
Marketing and Communications
BURLINGTON VT – Fletcher Allen unveiled its redesigned Web site today, www.FletcherAllen.org. Designed with patient and visitor needs in mind, the site features a fresh look, enhanced content and a new, user-friendly structure that will make it easier for visitors to find the information they are seeking. The site includes several key enhancements:
- Searchable Provider Directory – Visitors can now easily search for a provider who meets their needs with familiar terms like “heart” and “cancer” in addition to “cardiology” and “oncology”. The directory, which can now be printed by visitors to the site, features a more professional look and includes color photos of most of Fletcher Allen’s 500 Faculty Practice physicians who are jointly employed by Fletcher Allen and the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
- Google Maps – The new site features interactive maps and driving directions for each of our 30 satellite locations, as well as a map and directions for our medical center campus in Burlington.
- Events Calendar – An Events link on the home page includes news about public educational offerings such as our Community Medical School and HealthSource classes, and other events of interest to the general public.
- Enhanced Support Groups Directory –Support group information has been reorganized so that visitors can easily find comprehensive information on support services available across the region.
- Video Gallery – FletcherAllen.org features over 50 videos, including educational videos about services, medical conditions and procedures, patient testimonials about the quality of care they received at Fletcher Allen, and videos about the history of this organization.
About Fletcher Allen
Fletcher Allen Health Care, together with our partners at the University of Vermont College of Medicine and the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, is Vermont’s academic medical center. Our mission is to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve by integrating patient care, education and research in a caring environment. Fletcher Allen serves as a regional referral center -- providing advanced care to approximately one million people in Vermont and northern New York -- and as a community hospital for approximately 150,000 residents in Chittenden and Grand Isle counties. With more than 30 patient care sites and 100 outreach clinics, programs and services throughout the region, Fletcher Allen is committed to being a national model for the delivery of high-quality academic health care for a rural region.