Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Pediatrics and Philanthropy
When a child is sick, he or she needs the constant love and support of their families and caregivers.
As part of a nationally recognized academic medical center that has provided high-quality pediatric care for decades, the Vermont Children's Hospital at Fletcher Allen Health Care is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of the children of our region. We offer child-friendly spaces, include family members as partners in their child's treatment, and provide expert care with warm hearts and a smile.
Specific ways we meet children's needs include:
- The Comfort Zone area, offering bright decorations, toys and games in a comfortable waiting area that helps put children at ease when they are getting ready for sedation or an outpatient procedure.
- The Child Life Specialists who help reduce children's fears by explaining medical procedures and treatments in a way they can understand.
- Family support services, such as the Ronald McDonald Family Room—a home-like setting the the inpatient unit where family members can fix a meal, take a shower, or do laundry.
- Continually pursuing better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat medical conditions through leading-edge technologies, quality improvement and on-going research. We are a founding member of the Vermont Oxford Network, a network of Neonatal Intensive Care Units throughout the world working together to improve the quality of care for premature babies.
- Being the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in Vermont, providing highly specialized care and services for the most fragile infants.
Through these and other accomplishments, we provide pediatric care that is among the best in the nation by putting children and families at the center of everything we do. From routine check-ups to intensive care to 24/7 emergency services at our Level 1 Trauma Center—we are here for children and their families, whenever they need us.
But we can't stop there. Vermont Children's Hospital is looking ahead, and needs your help to secure a healthy future for our region's children.
We need to upgrade our facilities to ensure that every area children visit at Vermont Children's Hospital is specially designed with their needs in mind—and helps make the hospital a little less scary. We need to constantly improve our services and provide comfort and convenience for children and families whenever possible.
Our specific needs include:
- Renovation of our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to increase in-room space for family members and increase the individual space available for each baby and the intensive care equipment they need.
- Development of a pediatric testing suite to allow children with chronic illness or special health needs to receive diagnostic tests, infusions and procedures in one child-friendly space, rather than traveling to different places throughout the hospital.
- Renovation of our Maternity Floor, Shepardson 5, to allow for single occupancy rooms for new parents and their babies.
How You Can Help
You can help us improve our services for children and families by supporting Vermont Children's Hospital at Fletcher Allen. Your support truly makes a difference in the lives of children and families throughout the region.
With your help, we will continue to provide a special place for children who are sick and give them the loving care and attention they deserve - each and every day.
To find out more about how you can support Vermont Children's Hospital at Fletcher Allen Health Care, contact the Development Office at (802) 847-2887 or via email email@example.com, or make your gift today.