Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Finding a Job at Fletcher Allen
Working at Fletcher Allen Health Care is about providing the highest quality patient care. The needs of patients are our first priority, regardless of where you work in the organization. At Fletcher Allen, you will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect — and a life-changing career.
Fletcher Allen offers job opportunities in:
- Direct patient care, such as physicians, nurses, radiologists and EMTs
- Technical areas, including information systems and equipment maintenance
- Support roles, such as administrative and customer service
- Operations, including security, finance, human resources and food service
To get the most up-to-date information on currently-available jobs at Fletcher Allen, search our currently-available job postings and review the specific requirements for jobs you are interested in.
Finding and Applying for a Job
The first step in finding the right job at Fletcher Allen is searching the online job postings. You can search the job postings as much as you like, but you must create an account to submit an application. The jobs listed in the tool are displayed chronologically in groups of five. Click “Next” to see the next set of five.
- To search for specific job types, titles or other search criteria, click on the Search Jobs link.
- To view more information on a particular job posting, click on the Job Title link. If you decide to apply for the job, click on the Apply Now link that is within the job description.
- If you require assistance with the online application, review the Application FAQs.
Once you have applied for a position, your application is reviewed by one of our recruiters. If you meet the requirements for the job, you will receive a telephone call or email that starts the initial screening process of getting to know you better.
The Interview Process
For many positions, we ask candidates to participate in a prerecorded or live digital interview before an in-person interview. The recruiter will give you details on the requirements for your position, but if you do need to do a digital interview, you must have a reliable internet connection, a webcam, a microphone, a quiet environment and a well-lit location.
If you meet the initial screening criteria, your application is reviewed by the hiring manager. The recruiter or the hiring manager will then contact you directly to set up an interview.
If you require assistance with the online application or have other questions:
- Contact the Recruitment team via telephone at 802-722-9922, Option 3, Monday through Friday from 8am to 4:30pm EST.
- Use the on-site computer kiosk on Tuesdays from 8am to 4pm at the UHC Campus on the fifth floor of the St. Joseph building. This can be reached via Elevator A.
Everyone we hire directly contributes to the culture of their department and the organization. If you are a patient-centric, positive team player, we hope you are interested in joining us at Fletcher Allen.
- Meet Our Team
- Application FAQs
- Living in Vermont
- Living in Burlington
- Relocating to Vermont