Fletcher Allen, a Vermont university hospital and medical center, serves all of
Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, Fletcher Allen is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
Frequently Asked Questions When Applying to Fletcher Allen
Here are some commonly asked questions about our employment process here at Fletcher Allen. Thank you for your interest!
If you are a Fletcher Allen employee looking for more information on the Employee Transfer Process, please visit our Employee Transfer page.
- How often are the job postings updated?
- What is the best way to search the job postings?
- How long does the application take to complete?
- How do I attach my resume to my application?
- Can I attach a different resume each time I apply?
- If I have already filled out an online application, why am I brought to the beginning of the application each time I return to apply for a job?
- What happens to my application after it is submitted?
- The status of my application is Unaccepted. What does that mean?
- What if I forgot my password?
- What if I need additional help with the application process?
Job postings are updated daily.
The job postings listed in the Search Jobs page tool are displayed chronologically in groups of five. You will see the most recently-posted jobs on the first screen you see. Click Next to see the next set of five, continuing until you reach the end of the list. To set specific search criteria, click Search Jobs. To view more information on a particular job posting, click on the Job Title link.
We recommend that you give yourself from 30 minutes to an hour to complete the application. Be prepared to include three professional references and their phone numbers, as well as the details of your employment history.
You are given the option to attach your resume when you fill out your application:
- Choose Upload a New Resume and click the Browse button to find the file you want to attach.
- Double-click on the file.
- When the file name appears in the box next to the Browse button, click Upload to attach it.
You are then prompted to complete the online application. You will need to attach your resume each time you apply for a job, but you can use a resume you’ve already uploaded.
If I have already filled out an online application, why am I brought to the beginning of the application each time I return to apply for a job?
The system is giving you an opportunity to make changes to your saved application. When your application is complete, click Continue. On the last page, click I Agree to these terms, and then click Submit. This ties your application and resume to the jobs you've applied for. You must complete the application questionnaire and Referral Source sections each time you apply.
If you meet the screening criteria, your application will be reviewed by the hiring manager. The recruiter or the hiring manager will then contact you directly to set up an interview. Throughout the hiring process, you can track the status of your job application by logging into the Careers home page and clicking on the Accepted/Unaccepted Applications link.
Unaccepted means you started an application for a particular job opening but did not finish the application process. Call 802-847-2825, option 3, for assistance. You will see Accepted as confirmation that your application was successfully submitted for a particular job.
If you are not a Fletcher Allen Health Care employee, click on the link for Forgot Password? and follow the instructions. Your password will be sent to your e-mail address. If you are a Fletcher Allen employee, call 847-2822or the IS Help Desk at 847-1414.
The Recruitment team is available to help you with any questions or issues you may have:
- Contact the Recruitment team via telephone at 802-722-9922, Option 3, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm EST, or you can send an email to one of our recruiters .
- Use the on-site computer kiosk at the UHC Campus on the fifth floor of the St. Joseph building on Tuesdays between 8 am and 4 pm. It can be reached via Elevator A.
- Careers at Fletcher Allen
- Meet the Recruitment Team
- Living in Vermont
- Living in Burlington